Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hot Doug's Secondary Review

Just a quick clarification. My lamb sausage was actually a gyro, spincach and feta sausage with olive tapenade and kasseri cheese. Very delicious.

On our repeat visit we tried the alligator sausage with cajun remoulade and cheshire cheese which was surprisingly flavorless. The wild boar sausage with chilli garlic relish made me a convert though. It was one of the most flavorful items ever to come in a bun. I wasn't a huge fan of the chorizo sausage, but I don't love chorizo to begin with.

The beer soaked brat and foie gras duck sausage on the first visit were unbelievable as were the duck fat fries.

The one big gripe I have is the wait. I know that JF believes its part of the experience, but its a part of the experience I'd like to skip. Standing for 2 hours in the Chicago cold is not pleasant for anyone and not worthwhile for any food, no matter how good. I would recommend going on an off time.

Because of the unforgiving wait, my final grade is a B, which averaged with JF's A, puts Hot Dougs as a restaurant that

MAKES THE LIST

No comments:

Post a Comment