Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sunda (Secondary Review)

JF's review is nearly identical to my thoughts on this place. I just want to emphasize a few quick points.

Firstly, this is the classic example of style over substance. This place is a scene to be seen at. If you are looking for an attractive clientele pulling out their blackberries, this one tops the list. Unfortunately, this list is about quality food and Sunda misses the mark.

A quick walk across the sushi counter let me know very quickly that this place does not take its fish very seriously. Only the escolar looked fresh, which is why we ordered it. The rest of the fish looked on par with the kind you'd expect from an all you can eat buffet (and I don't mean Sushi Para Too, which is decent).

The crab cake crusted ahi sashimi really was delicious, so much so that one of our dining companions ordered it again for her entree. The beef lollipops were unsavory and tasted like cheap hamburger. I generally concur with JF's assessment of all the dishes.

The only dish I disagree about was the crispy rice kobe beef tartare. I found it disgusting and easily my least favorite dish of the night. That's saying something considering how bad the lollipops were.

The pork confit was very nice, juicy, and tender. I thought of peking duck, which I love, with every bite.

All in all I would also give Sunda a C+

No comments:

Post a Comment